Just like us our hounds can suffer from a variety of oral problems, so looking after their teeth is very important. As February is Pet Dental Health Month, here are our Top Tips for keeping your dog’s teeth and gums healthy.
Bad breath is usually the first sign of dental issues but always check regularly for:
- Changes in chewing or eating habits
- Red, swollen or bleeding gums
- Loose or broken teeth
- Drooling or excessive salivation
It’s not easy and will take time and patience from both of you, so here are a few points to remember:
- Allow your dog to become comfortable with you touching and opening their mouth
- Select your dog friendly toothbrush and toothpaste and let them try a little. This will allow them to get used to the taste and smell of the toothpaste
- Add the toothpaste to the brush and allow them to become familiar with this being near their mouth
- Take each tooth as a small victory and stop if your dog becomes agitated
- Rewards are a great incentive! Treat your dog when they’ve responded well to reinforce their positive behaviour
The Innocent Hound Dental Support Sausages
Our superfood dental support sausages are a convenient and easy way to promote good oral hygiene. These luxury treats are made with targeted levels of active natural ingredients to support your hound’s dental health.
Aniseed is a fragrant, fresh smelling spice known for its antiseptic properties. When combined with our citrus extract it creates an oral health formula to help keep your hound’s teeth and gums in fine health. Order some now!